Saturday, February 22, 2014

French Kiss


In terms of European cities, Rome is my one true love.  I love that city more than any in the world and will always return home to Rome.  I might have a fling with Barcelona or Berlin or Budapest (alliteration unintended).  But, if I were ever to have a 'mistress', I think it would have to be Paris.  Last weekend, I met Sara in Paris for Valentine's Day and it was awesome.

I think Thomas Jefferson said it best.

 “A walk about Paris will provide lessons in history, beauty, and in the point of Life.” 
― Thomas Jefferson

The Louvre

Gorgeous sunset behind the Louvre

After a fantastic Valentine's dinner, we walked along the river and stopped for a ride on this carousel.

The desserts in Paris are SO good - this macaroon shop had a line out the door.
 
Great flea market under the RER line

The view from Sara's firm

Busy French street

Notre Dame
Sara in the Hall of Mirrors

Sara at Versailles

Sunday morning, we took advantage of the fantastic weather and ran along the Seine.



No comments:

Post a Comment