- The Brazilian National Day on 7 Sep (the State Department always wants you to write the day of the month first and then the month in a 3 letter code. Sadly, you quickly get used to it).
- Invitation to a going-away party for the interns (my roommates) on Friday.
- The Ambassador's wife invited a group for tea at the Ambassador's residence next week.
- The Military Liaison Office is having an open house on Friday.
- The Ambassador is hosting a representational event on 30 Sep to welcome new officers and mingle with contacts.
Plus, my older sister is coming for 2 weeks at the beginning of September.
So, I am going to be busy for the next month or so.
On the plus side, there had been a serious chance that I would be the ONLY consular officer for a week in late September, but now it looks like we will have enough staff. I know I work in a small section, but trying to handle all of the visas, all ACS, all the admin stuff, plus any emergencies seemed to be a bit much for an officer who has all of 4 months experience.