Monday, January 1, 2024

2024 Goals

Each year, Sara and I identify a word which I try to make my mantra for the year.  The word (ideally) pushes me toward a destination.  Motivates me.  Inspires me.  Some years, it works.  Other years, it falls flat.  But each word lets me reflect on the journey I have had and the journey to come.

2023 - Explore
2022 - Inhabit
2021 - Support
2020 - Elect
2019 - Gratitude
2018 - Juggle
2017 - Survive
2016 - Support

2024 will bring us back to another year of transition. We will move from Guadalajara this summer and then spend a year back in Northern Virginia. The logistics of it all is overwhelming. We have to find a school, daycare, short-term rental house, long-term rental house, organize a month-long home leave, buy a car, transport Parker, before-care, after-care, extracurriculars, figure out commutes and work from home options. I have to figure out a bridge assignment to fill the time between arriving back in DC and starting Portuguese in 2025. 

It’s a year of transition and movement. Looking back at our prior transition years and seeing words like support (x2) and juggle.  I’m going to take a slightly different tact this year and choose the word “move.”  It obviously has the connection to our move back to DC, but also will (hopefully) inspire me to getting moving more in my day to day life. 

This years goals. 

Profesional goals
- Complete my TN project
- Complete my auto hot key project
- Find an interesting bridge assignment in Washington

Exercise goals
- complete two power zone challenges on Peloton
- bike 5,000 minutes on Peloton
- keep my weekly Peloton streak going while on home leave
- find a workable exercise routine when back in DC

Travel goals
- take an adults only trip
- visit at least one of the cute central Mexican towns like San Miguel se Allende or Guanajuato 
- plan a fun, enjoyable home leave vacation 
- visit New York City 🏙️ 


Personal goals 
- manage/limit the stress of the transition 
- honor the end of our time in Mexico 🇲🇽 Give the kids time and space to say goodbye to their friends. 
- see fall leaves 🍁 
- visit a pumpkin patch 🎃 
- attend at least one football game 🏈 
- attend a concert 🎶 
- see my Dad and Sara’s mom at least three times each
- read 20 books 


No comments:

Post a Comment