Friday, August 16, 2013

Before and After

After I posted photos from our castle trip last weekend on facebook, I got a ton of compliments about how thin I looked.  Hearing these compliments is kind of a mixed proposition for me.  On one hand, I recognize how much weight I have lost, how loose my jeans feel, and how the shape of my face has changed.  On the other hand, I still see my gut everyday and recognize that I am still 40 lbs over my healthy weight.

Today, at work, I was talking with some co-workers and mentioned how I had lost 65 lbs in the past year.  They couldn't believe it, until I showed them some pictures from my road trip last year.  I hadn't looked at these pictures for a while and even I was amazed at the difference.  I went back and read my first running post (I still maintain that running sucks, but it isn't as hard as it used to be).  Anyway, I thought I'd share with you a few before and after pictures.


Dodger Game - June 2012



Castle - August 2013
As for the goals from back then, I think I've done pretty good
Goals:
  1. Complete the Couch to 5k app by October 1, 2012
  2. Run a 5k race (fall 2012)
  3. Join some intramural sports league of some sort (fall 2012)
  4. Complete a 10k race (Spring 2013)  (and an 8k and 10 miler)
  5. Lose 30 lbs before Katie's Wedding (November 24, 2012).  (I was a little late, but got there)
  6. Lose 60 lbs before I go to Germany (May 2013)
  7. Lose two pant sizes (38x30) before I go to Germany
  8. Complete a marathon in Europe  (signed up for October 27, with a half marathon in 2 weeks)
  9. Do 100 sit-ups in 10 minutes
  10. Weigh less than 200 lbs.  (hopefully on my way)
  11. Ask at least one girl out per month (said girl has been Sara for 10 of the past 12 months, but I met this goal).


No comments:

Post a Comment