Sunday, January 1, 2023

2022 Recap

 How did I do in 2022?

Professional Goals

  • In a year where I am not bidding, not up for promotion, and not studying a language, I don’t have many lofty professional goals this year.  At least not any that are articulable.  So, generally, I want to do well and help others, but no specifics this year.  Success, I guess.

Personal Goals

  • Not get COVID - Failed on this
  • Get two oldest boys fully vaccinated (stretch goal - Elliott gets vaccinated.  Let's go Science) - all three boys got vaccinated (yeah, Science!), although Crosby got COVID before he was vaccinated.
  • Read 10 books (at least one in Spanish) - I read 15 books myself, most of them audio books, but nothing in Spanish.  I also read Harry Potter 1-3 and half of 4 with the kids.
  • Find a church home in Guadalajara - complete failure
  • Finish decorating house by April 1, 2020.  Includes painting walls, hanging mirrors, pictures and artwork, buying rugs, window coverings (maybe) and finalizing storage, etc. - We have mostly finished decorating the house with maybe one or two pieces of art that we want to buy here, but we were not done by April 1.
  • Teach Jack and Crosby to ride bikes without training wheels - Nope.  Kind of forgot this was on the list.
  • Form an active board gaming group that meets at least twice a month - I formed a group that has been fairly active, though maybe not quite twice per month.
  • Visit at least two places that is new to me and/or Sara - So, I travelled to Mexico City and Monterrey (Mexico) for work and we traveled to Santa Cruz/Monterey (CA) for vacation.  
  • Take an adults-only trip for at least two nights away - nope.  But I did get Sara an adults-only trip to Oaxaca for Christmas, so this will just come a bit later.
  • Attend the 50th Anniversary Pi Kappa Phi Rose Ball - I had a great time, but it turns out that spending a weekend drinking, indoors, unmasked, with 250 people may lead to COVID.  
  • Watch two sunrises and two sunsets - yup
  • Attend a Husker football game - No, we could never get it to work with our schedule.
    • Take Jack to his first football game - same
  • Celebrate turning 40 - I had a fantastic 40th birthday party that Sara organized for me in Guadalajara.

Exercise Goals

  • Lose approximately 20 lbs (weigh between 220 and 222 at the end of the year) - instead of losing 20, I gained five!
  • Complete at least three of the Power Zonw Pack challenges on Peloton - I completed two of the Power Zone challenges so fell short of this.
  • Have two 30-day streaks on Peloton - I had a 60 day streak in the spring, so I managed this.

No comments:

Post a Comment