Wednesday, January 1, 2020

2020 goals

Somehow it is already 2020. 2019 flew by very quickly. My word for 2019 was “Gratitude”. Not sure I really lived that word this year, but it was a good year for me overall. Work had some successes, had some wonderful travel inside and outside the US.

My 2020 word is going to be a bit more active. I have chosen the word “Elect.”  The obvious meaning is the 2020 election. I hope to get involved politically this year. However, I also want to take specific actions with meaning. I want to “elect” to do things, to choose what I want, rather than just wait until things come to me.

2020 goals

Exercise goals

  • Achieve a 30 day streak on Peloton
  • Work out every week on Peloton
  • Ride 2020 RAGBRAI (bike ride across state of Iowa)
  • Bike 1000 miles (cumulative)
  • Complete a 10k or longer road race
  • Reach goal weights of 220 (March), 210 (July), 200 (November) and then maintain weight from November to new year. 
Travel/Entertainment goals
  • Travel to three new places (city/state/country)
  • Read six books
  • Attend two college/pro football games
  • Attend two concerts/shows
  • Attend at least one Husker game
  • Take Jack to his first football game
  • Find regular board gaming group
  • Watch two sunrises/sunsets 
Professional goals
  • Find a good/interesting gap assignment 
  • Professional goals not for public blog
  • Volunteer for 2020 presidential campaign
Financial goals
  • Finalize student loan forgiveness
  • Pay off credit cards
  • Amass specific savings goal (not for publication). 

No comments:

Post a Comment